Saturday, October 29, 2011

Spanish Omelette for Breakfast

Spanish Omelette
This is my version of Spanish Omelette...Please check the original recipe for Spanish Omelette if you are a strict follower of traditional cooking process!!

Ingredients I Used for Making Spanish Omelette!
  • Eggs - 4 (I removed the yellow part but you can retain it if you want it)
  • Capsicum- 1 small (diced into tiny square pieces)
  • French Beans- 3 (chopped)
  • Baby Corn- 1 (cut into thin roundels)
  • Spring Onion- 1
  • Tomato- 1 medium(chopped)
  • Salt- as per taste
  • Black Pepper- as per taste
  • Olive Pomace Oil- 1 small tsp for each omelette
All these ingredients together gave me two Spanish Omelettes of reasonable size.

Spanish Omelette with Brown Bread
How I Made Spanish Omelet?
  • I beat the eggs into fluffy batter and mixed salt and black pepper to it
  • I took a non stick pan and put one tsp olive oil into it
  • Then I took all the cut vegetables and put it into the pan
  • I sauted the vegetables for about 2 minutes.
  • Then I arranged the vegetables into a nice round pattern so that all of them go into the omelet.
  • Then I took the bowl with egg batter and poured half of it onto the vegetables and set it into round shape with the help of my wooden spoon.
  • I cooked the omelet on medium flame without turning it over.
  • When I saw the omelet being set without any loose portions, I gently took it out on the serving plate.
I did not use cheese. However, many people who relish this dish prefer to have lots of cheese on it. I served it with toasted brown bread brushed with slight butter. It was quite delicious!










0 comments:

Post a Comment